Terms & Conditions
Welcome to Maria Waag Yoga, I'm so happy to have you here!
Your safety and privacy are important! So before we can get going it is important that you read through, understand, and accept these terms and conditions below. For 1-1 sessions you will also be sent a longer version of this that you need to read, understand and sign before initiating follow-up by Maria Kjær Waag (hereby known as "Maria Waag"), or Maria Waag Yoga.
When choosing to participate in any sessions live or prerecorded online with Maria Waag, you understand, acknowledge, and agree to the following:
1) Maria Waag advises you to always consult a physician/medical professional prior to and regarding your participation in any physical or mental exercises such as but not limited to yoga classes, mindfulness and/or meditation, health programs, or workshops.
2) That it is your responsibility to consult a physician/medical professional prior to and regarding your participation in any of the offerings of Maria Waag such as but not limited to: yoga classes, mindfulness and/or meditation, health programs, or workshops offered by Maria Waag. You understand that Maria Waag is not a healthcare professional, and will only be offering guidance from a yoga/mindfulness perspective. You understand that whatever is offered on this website (www.mariawaag.com) or provided by Maria Waag is not health advice. You understand that there are other options available and that the sessions with Maria Waag will not substitute any health care treatment. You understand that it is your responsibility to have consulted your health care providers before participating in these yoga classes, health programs, or workshops, to get the approval to participate in these, and about the necessary adaptations that you need for practicing yoga and or mindfulness meditation.
3) While research shows yoga, meditation and mindfulness have the potential to improve health and mental wellbeing there is no guarantee that this will be the case for your individual case, and you relieve Maria Waag from any responsibility. You understand that yoga, meditation, and mindfulness may not help improve your fitness, health, pain, concentration, anxiety, sleep, or mental state. You understand that Maria Waag is no medical health care provider or psychologist and that it is your responsibility to seek professional health care for this kind of service. You understand that
that during yoga, meditation, and mindfulness sessions we may be doing exercises that can be emotionally and mentally challenging and that you may get ‘worse’ before you get ‘better’ - if you get better. You understand that it is your responsibility to inform Maria Waag whenever things get emotionally difficult and that you can stop the sessions and discontinue the program whenever you choose to. You relieve Maria Waag from any responsibility for any outcome from our private sessions together.
4) That Maria Waag and Maria Waag Yoga (organization number registration in Norway: 921274645) will not accept liability for any injury or otherwise from your participation in any program. As is the case with any physical activity, or mental exercises the risk of injury is always present and cannot be entirely eliminated. If you experience any pain or discomfort you agree to listen to your body, adjust the posture or stop all together. You affirm that you alone are responsible to decide whether to practice yoga.
5) This disclaimer shall be governed by and construed in accordance with Norwegian law, and any disputes relating to this disclaimer or Maria Waag’s yoga, meditation, and mindfulness classes, workshops, or other offerings will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Norway.
Payment for prerecorded online courses, videos, or other online content on this website (www.mariawaag.com)
Once you have made your payment you will get immeditate access to the videos of the online course you have paid for, therefore we cannot offer a refund, return or exchange once the payment is processed. So please note that there is no refund or return policy for online courses.
- Credit / Debit Cards
Payment for in-person or live online 1-1 classes, group classes, workshops, or courses outside of this website, with Maria Waag
Contact Maria Waag for information about current prices and availability for 1-1 sessions, workshops, corporate classes, event bookings, keynote speaker, and more.
Generally: if you have booked Maria Waag for a live in-person or online session (e.g., but not limited to 1-1, corporate, event, workshop), full payment should be made before the session is initiated unless otherwise is explicitly agreed upon in writing with Maria Waag before the session. When booked, know that Maria Waag has set aside time in her schedule for your booking specifically, and has used time to prepare etc. so, in case of cancellations, the payment for the booking will be charged in full, unless otherwise is explicitly agreed upon upfront in writing with Maria Waag. Maria Waag reserves the right to change or cancel any booking, and if this is the case there will be issued a full refund of the payment.
If you are considering booking 1-1 sessions with Maria, you will be sent a form with more information and a Payment Policy to sign before sessions can be initiated.
How it works (1-1 sessions):
All payments are due at the time of service. This means payment needs to be done before the lesson/workshop starts. For all packages, the total price for all the lessons needs to be paid upfront.
For 1-1 sessions: If you change your mind about a package of 60min and want to upgrade it to a 90min package this is possible, and the rest of the sum to upgrade will then have to be paid before the coming classes of 90minutes starts.
If you for some reason cannot fulfill the lessons in the package you have paid for you will be able to use them at another time. If this is not possible you will be able to get the refund of the addition according to the rates pr. lesson that the number of lessons of having already done (example: If you have paid for a package of 5 classes but you can only do 3 classes, you can ask for a refund for the sum that exceeds the price of a package of 3 classes. Transaction fees paid by the client when the payment was done will not be refunded, and the transaction fee of the refund will be added to the withdrawal of the payment (so not covered by Maria Waag, but withdrawn from the refund sum you will receive).
Please be on time, if you are late that time will be deducted from your appointment, and you will be charged the full amount.
For payment for 1-1 sessions, we accept payment through Vipps (Norway), PayPal (Italy/international/online), or bank transfer only. For payment for more than one class (so any packages) payment is to be done through bank transfer, and you have to cover all transaction costs. NB! This means you have to add transaction costs to the payment. For PayPal transaction costs for example will be 3,4 % of the total sum + 2,80 NOK (or 3€), and this will have to be added to the payment upfront. To get more details about how to make the payment, contact Maria.
A 20€ fee will be charged for all returned checks, and you will have to expect to pay a 20€ fee on delayed payments.
Your appointment time is reserved specifically for you. In the event of a missed appointment or an appointment canceled with less than 24 hours' notice, you may be charged the full appointment fee.
Maria Waag will reserve the right to change the time of the appointment or cancel the appointment and whole packages of appointments. If the lesson(s) cannot be rescheduled, you will receive a full refund for the payment for that class/the classes you miss.
Your privacy is important to us!
If you consent to it, we collect data through cookies on this website. To make sure this is done in a safe and secure way, we have paid for this service through a company called Iubenda, which is one of the biggest in this field in Europe, which collects and stores the data from the cookies for us in a safe and secure way. You can read more about Iubenda here.
We collect data through cookies to help give you the best user experience possible and to be able to adapt the services provided by Maria Waag to the right audience for ads etc. so that she can reach out to, and help more people like you! The data collected will only be used for the purpose of improving Maria Waag's offerings and outreach, and will not be shared with third parties. You can read our privacy and cookies policy on this page.
The personal information you provide when you purchase a product or create a membership site on this website (name and email) is stored safely through the secure storage system of WIX, and will only be used to fulfill your order, and to send you relevant information about your purchases or the offerings of Maria Waag. It will not be shared with third parties.
If you sign up for the email list, your information (name and email) will be stored safely in the secure storage of WIX, and Mailchimp, and will only be used for information emails about the offerings of Maria Waag, and will not be shared with third parties.
1-1 sessions online
In order for Maria Waag to be able to develop an individually designed 1-1 program for 1-1 sessions, to better be able to attend to your needs and wishes, you will be asked to fill in/or orally answer questions following an intake assessment form, which is an adapted version of the Yoga Medicine intake assessment form. This will be sent to you by email before the first session. This is necessary for Maria to be able to help you in the best possible way from a yoga and meditation/mindfulness point of view. Contact Maria Waag if you have any questions about this before initiating any programs with Maria Waag.
If any of the above on this page is unclear or if you have any further questions, you acknowledge that you will contact Maria Waag to clarify before initiating any programs, live or prerecorded sessions online with Maria Waag. By initiating any programs, live or prerecorded sessions with Maria Waag or on this website (www.mariawaag.com) you understand and consent to all of the above.